Janae and I count it an honor to have the opportunity to share the message of Christ through the avenue of music to men behind bars. We have witnessed the transforming power of Christ in the lives of the hopeless there. There is a sense of urgency to offer hope to the desperate and lost men through the saving grace and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. In prison, music is vital to the soul. Oftentimes it has the ability to penetrate a heart when nothing else can. Janae and I feel called to be used to make a difference in the lives of the incarcerated. Jesus in Matthew 25, encourages us to visit those in prison. So, as we endeavor to share Christ to these often forgotten men. We ask that you join us in prayer and support as we launch INSIDE PRISON MINISTRIES using Music to penetrate the hearts of the lost.
ALL ARE WELCOMEas Wayburn & Janae will share in a concert and update the Growing In Remarriage Class at Calvary church Chapel. The evening will consist of music, message and Wayburn & Janae will share what God is doing in their prison ministry. They will also share an update on Saulo Montalvo, and the recent Judges decision regarding his case. The event will begin at 7:00 pm Friday October 12th at Calvary Church (on the beltline) in the chapel.
Wayburn will be performing in concert in November at an event held annually at Brooks Correctional Facility. This is a time once a year where prisoners are allowed to share a day with their children inside the prison walls. This time is a very special time for prisoners to see their loved ones, pray with them, and have an opportunity to actually love, embrace and talk with their kids.
Wayburn led worship at Prison Fellowship’s “Operation Starting Line” spring meeting on Tuesday October 9th.Operation Starting Line (OSL) is a collaborative network of ministries seeking to evangelize and disciple prisoners and their families through the transforming power of Jesus Christ.OSL partners with dozens of Christian organizations to bring the transforming message of Jesus Christ to prisoners across the country through in-prison outreach.
Operation Starting Line has:
- Taken the Gospel into more than 1,050 correctional facilities, reaching more than 700,000 inmates.
- Led more than 54,000 men and women to accept Christ or to rededicate their lives to Him.
- Enrolled more than 56,000 inmates into Bible studies.
- Partnered with 46 collaborators, such as Awana Lifeline, One Hope, Crossroad Bible Institute and Wings Ministry.
- Held 54 OSL events in 2011, which were attended by more than 7,500 inmates
When Wayburn Dean goes into a prison to minister through music, he can't exactly set up a product table to sell CDs, take an offering or sell tickets. These are the ways God has provided financial support for Wayburn's ministry for nearly 30 years as he has brought his testimony and music to churches and concert halls across the country and around the world. As Wayburn and Janae Dean launch Inside Prison Ministries, they are stepping out in faith, believing that God will support this new ministry through His people...people like you. Right now there are two ways you can help!
- Make a tax deductable donation to Inside Prison Ministries. We have made it very easy to make an online donation or you can donate using a check or money order. Simple click on the DONATE button above to get started.
- We are believeing that through your DONATIONS and this BENEFIT CONCERT, God is going to provide $20,000 to help launch this new ministry. Please note that Inside Prison Ministries is a program of Afterword Ministry, a non-profit 501(c). All donations made to Afterword Ministry on behalf of Inside Prison Ministries are tax deductable.